What a wonderful season of life my sweet baby girl is in. She seems to be growing up faster than I can keep up with her. I often ask myself "where is the time going?". I have a love/hate relationship with time right now. Claire is a true joy to me everyday, even when she is challenging me and helping me work on my patience. She is hilarious and creative and opinionated and I am so deeply in love with her.
The biggest news of her life is that she asked Jesus into her heart a few weeks ago. It was totally unexpected, but a total answer to the prayer I have prayed for her since she was born that she would come to know Jesus at the earliest possible age. The conversation went a little something like this (a much shorter version of our conversation)...
C: Mom are there toys in Heaven?
M: I am not sure. I know that there is everything we could ever need in Heaven, so maybe.
C: How can I go to Heaven?
M: One day you will want to ask Jesus to come and live in your heart. You will tell Him that you are sorry for the times you disobeyed him and that you want to love Him forever.
C: I want to ask Jesus into my heart right now. How do I do it?
M: (pause and frantically thinking what do I do now? I decided to skip over her question and talk to her a little more about who Jesus is and what it means to be a Christian. We talked about Christmas and Easter as well.)
C: I want to pray right now Mom. What do I say?
M: ummmm
C: Jesus come into my heart. Amen.
M: Ok Claire, if this is really what you want to do why don't you repeat this prayer that I am about to say... (prayer said)
C: YAY!!! I am a Christian!!!
M: (little tears and a lot of excitement) Let's tell daddy that you are a Christian Claire
I felt honored to be the one that was with her the moment she made that decision! Claire is the first person I have ever led to the Lord. I know that she is just three and a half and that this is just the first stone in her foundation and that she will have to revisit this decision the older she gets and the more she understands. For now all I know is that my baby girl will be with me in Heaven for all of eternity and that is more than enough. We have started reading her little story Bible every night and having her pray at night before bed too. It is kind of funny because when I say it is time to pray there are nights she says "I don't want to" then I remind her that she is a Christian and that means she needs to talk to Jesus everyday she says "oh that's right sometimes I forget. Let's talk Jesus." I just love her simple faith!

11 comments:
This brought tears to my eyes. What a special moment. Thanks for sharing :)
So happy to have Claire to party with in eternity! What a blessing for your family!
So thankful...
Love this! What a wonderful blessing!
I loved reading this! Thank you for sharing this sweet moment.
That's so neat, Em.
precious! so excited for her.
My heart is so full as I think of how big and how wonderful our God is; that He would invite all of us to come to Him as a little child. I believe Claire is an example of the love of Jesus expressed in her simple acceptance of Him into her heart and life. Thank You Jesus for making a way for us when there was no way.
So exciting Emily!
What a sweet moment! Fills my heart.
Wow! How did I miss this post? What a neat thing to be such an integral part in her coming to faith. It is such a privilege as a mother to be able to be instrumental in our child's life in that way.
The Lord is merciful...
Post a Comment