Monday, August 22, 2011

PreK Begins

Claire is going to a three day PreK program this year and we are all very excited about what this year holds for her. She has an amazing teacher who truly loves all the students in the class and Claire is totally taken with her. For the first day of school she got a pancake breakfast, smiled sweetly for a lot of pictures, was a little nervous until she found out that Mrs. Mayer had given her pink play dough which made her day. I was more sad about leaving her than she was about me leaving which is actually a great thing. When I picked her up and asked how her day was she jumped up and down and said "best school day ever!" quickly followed by "I do not like the nap time part though."
I am so thankful that she is able to be in a Christian education enviroment and is already learning "normal" school stuff, but also Bible verses and stories from the Bible. She is already coming home telling me all about creation and asking fun, and sometimes stumping, questions. This is going to be such a great year for her!!


This is Claire's third year to go to "school" and it has become tradition to go for ice cream after I pick her up that first day. I love this happy picture of my sweet girl. She is growing up so fast and I am soaking in every minute I can. She amazes me daily and I am thankful to be her mom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: