Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thank God for Neighbors

I am blessed to live in a fantastic neighborhood with fantastic neighbors. I don't get to see the ladies on my street nearly as often as I would like. These last few days I have been a bit exhausted and on my own these sweet ladies have helped me out and I am so thankful for them. Yesterday one neighbor invited Claire down to play during Jacob's naptime so I could catch a little shut eye. Today three of the neighbor's houses were out playing and they invited Claire to join them once again and I got to sleep for about thirty more minutes and give Jacob his breathing treatment without interruption. I cannot begin to tell you how much it meant to me that they saw a need and decided to practically help out. I was truly humbled. I mean how many times do I hear of people that could use a little break or that are going through a tough time and I do nothing. I have a tendency to think "they don't know me well enough" or "I can't do anything big enough" so I do nothing. There is always something that can be done to help someone out practically, even if it is just asking their kiddo to come and play for an hour or two so they can have a break. Just another life lesson learned this very long weekend.

Claire and some of the neighborhood kids at their lemonade stand this afternoon.
Hannah, Claire, and Addison playing with Addison's new dollhouse. Claire also inherited some pretty swanky beaded shoes that she is really proud of.
Chase and Claire saying cheers with their lemonade.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That's a lot of kids. Claire is a lucky girl!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad you had some help ... what a blessing!

Sara said...

YEA for your neighbors!!!

Katie said...

I totally miss seeing my kids on those lemonade stand pictures! Such great memories in FM. Sorry i couldn't be there to let Claire come play--Evan would have loved the playdate. Glad everyone is one the mend!

Mama Jeannie said...

Isn't it something how God shows Himself through the kindnesses of others and helps us see more clearly His heart for what He has called us to. Precious neighbors with kind hearts. You are a blessed woman Em. Your daddy and I are learning this same lesson lately. I'll call it "Splendor Inside The Storm". Hmmmm.... I feel a blog entry coming on. I knew it would eventually happen; just didn't know when. :0)