Well the day has come...the photographer will be here in an hour and our house will be listed by this afternoon. The chaos of having our house on the market starts today. I have such mixed feeling right now. I truly believe we are making the right decision to try and move to a home that is a bit smaller with a much bigger yard, but I am finding out that I am a little more attached to this house than I thought. For the first time since we moved in four years ago it looks "perfect". My kids have only known this place to be their home and they are comfortable here. I know that it will not be easy to keep the house straight and clean for showings that could happen at any time, but I know that it will be easier now than in a year or so when we (Lord willing) have another baby. For two years we have wanted to move, but now that the time is here for it to become a reality I am nervous. There are so many unknowns, and that is uncomfortable. I actually believe that this is going to be another huge season of growth for our family and for me personally. There are life lessons to be learned right now and that usually happens when you are being stretched. I know that I need to "keep my eye on the prize", but I know myself well enough to know that I will probably process through that with a bad attitude every once in a while so I will apologize in advance and do my best to keep my bad attitude under control ;)
I have to say that there is NO WAY that I would be able to make it through this without my AMAZING husband leading our family through this. He is helpful and positive and altogether wonderful!!
So I will keep you posted on our progress. We would love your prayers during this time. Specifically we would love for this whole process to go smoothly and quickly; I need patience and supernatural cleaning/organization skills; we would love for our kids to be able to be flexible and peaceful as we have our home on the market and have to leave our home at any moment and that when the time comes they will be ok with having a new home.
5 comments:
Will be praying for you guys and a quick sale and a perfect new house. If you ever need a place to escape to, we're here for you!
How sweet Leanna! You are so thoughtful to make yourself available for Em and her family.
Emily, you can do this! What an exciting time with a new adventure on the horizon. :0) Love you lots!
I second everything! I know exactly how you feel....ours is still on the market! I will be sending lots of prayers your way!
Where are you looking? We bought with the same intentions you guys have and I think we are really going to love it...nice having a yard :) Look in our area!! :)lol
Good luck, Emily! Our new home in Virginia is smaller than our TX home, but has a beautiful yard, and I have been so happy with our decision to downsize to allow us to enjoy being outdoors more. Hope your home sells quickly and easily! It's a bear having your house on the market, but hopefully it will be over soon.
I will pray for you guys. We have moved a lot lately and I truly believe you are the memories and the fun not the building/home we live in. God has the right spot for your new memories and fun. Just keep up those friendships girl.
Post a Comment