was perfect. They went fishing at the local pond where Claire outfished her daddy 2-1 and she was so proud. When they got the tent all set up I brought out their camping snacks, snapped a few pictures, then they were ready for me to head back inside so they could get on with their camping party. They told stories by flashlight and I could hear a lot of laughing. When I snuck back out at 9:30 they were both out cold cuddled up in their sleeping bags.
I am in awe of what an amazing father Allan is to his children. They are so incredibly blessed to have him in their lives and I have no words for how blessed I am to partner with him in this parenting journey. He is so great at making his children feel loved and celebrated. They are always his top priority even when he is exhausted. It meant as much to me as it did to Claire for him to make the effort to put up a tent in the dark and sleep outside all night after working all day. Thank you Babe for all you do for our family!
I think that there will be a real camping trip at a real campsite in the somewhat near future, at least for these two. I am not sure Jacob is ready for sleeping in a tent just yet ;)

1 comment:
Precious!! I love that Allan did this for his Claire-bear. What a great daddy. You all should go on a camping trip. I bet the Jake-man would do just fine if both his mommy and daddy were there to keep him out of harm's way. The Meridian State Park would be perfect and then you might have a visitor or two. :)
Post a Comment