Monday, May 9, 2011

German Fest 2011

I have mentioned before how cool it is that my sister, Sara, moved a lot closer to me a couple of months ago. We decided that our families should meet half way a couple of weekends ago for German Fest which is held in Muenster, TX every year. We had a really good time after not having a clue what to expect. They had a fun playground that the kids enjoyed and a great troop of performers that were meant to entertain the kids, but I think we all enjoyed them. We LOVE German food and I was thrilled to get some yummy sauerkraut and German potatoes. I would say the highlight for some of our group was the amateur wrestling they had going on. I personally found it hilarious and Claire, Jacob, and Allan were totally into it yelling and cheering as grown men in speedos threw each other around. There were great bands playing and a lot of cute vendors set up around the fairgrounds. We ended the day with a mini roller coaster ride. Asher and Claire had a blast on it and Ainsley only enjoyed it about half the time then she was ready to get off. All in all it was a fun day and we were really glad we went. I just love that we live close enough to Sara that we can have these fun little weekend get togethers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: