Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter 2011

I love celebrating Easter! I love that Claire is getting old enough that we can really start to talk about the true meaning of Easter and how thankful we are that God chose to allow his one and only son to die so that we all have a chance to be saved through grace. This is the first year I think Claire has really started to understand what Easter is all about. We also love our family traditions that go along with the holiday, putting out the kid's Easter baskets and Easter shoes to be filled with treats is one of them. This was an odd year for our little family because we went to church on Saturday night and then didn't have any extended family to hang out with on that Sunday. We decided to have a low key Sunday with a hike at the lake and a little rest time before our friends, the Tallos, came over for dinner and an egg hunt. Although it was an unconventional holiday for us it was a great holiday that we really enjoyed.

I loved watching Jacob, Claire, and Ava searching for their Easter eggs. We love our friendship with the Tallo family and are so blessed they are in our lives. Thanks for spending your Easter evening with us!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hannah said...

We loved spending Easter with y'all!! Thanks for having us!