Friday, October 21, 2011

Hospital Stay

Thursday morning was the big meet and greet day for Aubrey. It was finally time for the big sister and big brother to get their hands on the newest member of their family and the moment did not disappoint. Jacob ran in threw his hands in the air and yelled "hello!" and Claire was so excited I thought she might cry. It was one of the sweetest moments ever when Allan put Aubrey in her big sister's arms for the first time.
Allan and I fell more in love with our newest daughter with every passing hour. We took advantage of cuddling her when we were alone in our room and soaking in every one of her beautiful features and sweet new baby sounds. She is a miracle!
Aubrey got plenty of love from some of our family and a few friends that popped in for visits. She handled being passed around like a champ. My sweet niece Lexi even got to squeeze her newest cousin and didn't seem to mind being replaced as the baby of the Selke family ;) It is always so fun to see other people love on your babies, we are one blessed family and I pray that Aubrey always knows how well loved she is by so many people.

As soon as Aubrey was born all the nurses and doctor talked about her long eyelashes and how they curled up. I love them! I love the way they rest on her cheeks when she is sleeping. She has the cutest button nose and little bird lips. She definitely has the darkest hair of my three kids and I wonder if it will stay that way. It is more black than brown. She is perfect. I could stare at her dainty features all day and just memorize everything about her and never get bored. I am so in love with this baby girl!

Aubrey did have another hiccup physically while we were in the hospital. Her blood test came back showing a likely infection. The doctors and nurses convinced me that four IV antibiotic treatments would be the best solution to get her healthy. Seeing you tiny baby with an IV is not the most fun thing in the world, but she handled it like a champ. It did extend our hospital stay one extra day, but that was ok since by the time we left she was cleared as being totally healthy.

2 comments:

Kate said...

She is so beautiful, Emily! I'm glad everything turned out okay--I know how scary those moments are seeing your baby struggle (and IVs are NO fun!). Enjoy this time!

MamaJeannie said...

Beautiful post Emily. I love you.