Monday, January 4, 2010

Disney On Ice

The day before we came home we spent the afternoon at Disney on Ice. It was the first time I was so close to figure skating and it was wonderful. I am pretty sure that I enjoyed myself just as much as my daughter.

We got to the arena a little early so that we could see some of the princesses that were making an appearance. When we rounded the corner and Claire saw Cinderella standing up on a stage waving the awe on her face was better than I ever could have imagined. It was one of the moments I had dreamed about witnessing and I am so glad I was watching her face at that moment. I got tears in my eyes. The newest Disney princess came out to say hello as well. There were also BEAUTIFUL real life princess gowns on display, Belle's was our favorite. These first few moments made me so excited about taking a family trip to Disney World one day and watch the magic unfold.


Mimi and Papa reserved wonderful seats for all of us and we were able to watch the show from the second row. Cars, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Tinkerbelle all were featured at the show. I got weepy two other times during the evening- once watching Ariel skate and again when the confetti canons went off at the end of the production and Claire once again watched in wonder at this magical world unfolding in front of her. I highly recommend going to a Disney on Ice production if you get a chance, it is totally worth it. I am so thankful that my in laws treated us all to such a special afternoon...thank you Allan and Gig!!!


If you know my in-laws at all you can truly appreciate this picture. What does Papa do during intermission of a wonderful show with his whole family? Read the newspaper of course. I love how perky Mimi is in this picture too. This is a perfect depiction of my husband's parents.

5 comments:

Leanna said...

Wow! Yall had one jam packed time. I really love the flower hats. Also, go check out your Ariel and Eric picture again--a wee bit racy! =)

Jenny said...

We went to Disney on Ice last spring break and loved it! I think the adults were singing along as much as the kids. I love that photo of your in-laws. They are VERY similar to mine!

Mama Jeannie said...

What a fun day Em. I think your in-laws are pretty special too. :0)

Allison said...

Getting absorbed in the paper must be a Grandpa thing because Richie's Dad does that too :)

Sara said...

What an unforgettable day!!! I'm glad you documented it! And that picture of Allan and Gig is hilarious! It IS a perfect depiction!!! :)