We had a great time just being together. We all pitched in and had a yummy enchilada dinner, exchanged gifts which was fun and chaotic, but my favorite part of the day was when we all sat around the table for a while and just told stories and laughed. I LOVE those moments when everyone is just at ease and full of joy. When everyone had left I told Allan that I thought that this was one of our best big Selke family get togethers we have had in a really long time. There was no real stress which is really impressive when you put almost twenty people under one roof for any length of time.
My parents gave all the girls a weekend get away in April which I am really looking forward to. I am hoping that I can get a lot of bottles pumped between now and then and leave Jacob with Allan so that I can get a REAL retreat for about thirty six hours.
2 comments:
Oooh, a girl's getaway sounds so fun. You guys will have a great time I'm sure. Good luck with the pumping. I had to do that for a 3 day trip when Jackson was a baby... it took a few weeks to get enough but it was so worth it. Of course then you'll have to pump during the trip too, LOL!
Glad you had so much fun. The girls' weekend sounds like a great thing to look forward to.
Post a Comment