Gig is very sentimental and I LOVE that about her. She is a collector of memories and does this in many forms. One of the ways she commemorates significant moments is by giving and receiving Halcyon Day boxes. I remember marveling at her collection when Allan and I were dating. I remember the first one I received and the first ones given to my children, each one is precious and a treasure. The boxes themselves are special but what makes them treasures of the heart are the special notes that she writes and folds into each of the boxes. I get teary everytime I read one of her notes. My children will be blessed to read her words and hear her heart for the rest of their lives and that is not something I take lightly.
This year Jacob received his First Christmas box, it is a beautiful Christmas tree. The "big" girls received a Polish Baboushka box which is accompanied with a wonderful Christmas book about a Baboushka and the three wise men.
Mimi and Jacob with his First Christmas box. He was so excited he tried to eat it.This year Jacob received his First Christmas box, it is a beautiful Christmas tree. The "big" girls received a Polish Baboushka box which is accompanied with a wonderful Christmas book about a Baboushka and the three wise men.
Mimi and Claire with her Baboushka box. I love how great Gig is about passing down her Polish heritage.

4 comments:
What a beautiful Grandmother Gig is. You and your kids are so blessed to have her Emily and her sentimental heart is to be treasured for a liftime for sure.
That is so neat! Where do you keep them?
Oh, I love that!
What a special lady!
Post a Comment