Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fancy Nancy

A few days before Christmas my friend Randi and I took our girls to a Fancy Nancy tea at the cutest girliest place I have ever been to. This was another one of those moments that made me tear up a bit, one of those times that it hit me that I have my very own daughter and I get to make special memories with her and watch her grow and look at this world in awe and wonder. I had told her that we were getting to have a special mommy date just the two of us (my sister kept Jacob for a couple of hours) and she was SO excited. When I told her she could pick out her party clothes and that she was supposed to dress like Fancy Nancy she got even more excited. She went and got her Fancy Nancy book and started picking out the perfect outfit. She would look at the pictures and say "Mom I need a crown" and "Mom I need accessories" and "Mom can I really wear a sparkle dress and sparkle shoes?" She looked perfect ;)
When we arrived at the tea house they had even more dress up clothes to play in and crafts for the girls to do. She made a princess "eleflate" (aka bracelet). There was a lady that read Fancy Nancy's Splendiferous Christmas to all the dressed up girls and then they had cookies and juice boxes to finish off their party. I am pretty sure that Claire didn't stop talking about how wonderful every little detail was the entire ride home and she said more than once "thanks for my very own mommy date!" which melted my heart every single time.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, that is special mommy/daughter stuff! i can't wait to do that too but realize that I have much to learn as I had to Google "Fancy Nancy", haha. How fun.

Leanna said...

Oh, what a wonderful memory to make! Both of you girls are so beautiful! Every little girl deserves a special day with mommy!

Mama Jeannie said...

Smiles, smiles, smilies galore. Love to hear about all your mommy/daughter memories you are making.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I loved that day!

Sara said...

I L-O-V-E that y'all did that!!! How special and how fun!!! I am just starting to get tiny tastes of how fun it is to have a girl. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE that I have a boy too!!! :)