Lana'i is broken up into two halves, there is the beach (Manele Bay) and the mountain (Koele). We went up to Koele a couple of times to get a break from the heat and have a different view for awhile. It is amazing the difference between the two areas, you totally feel like you are in Colorado when you are at Koele.
We had so much fun at the Stables of Koele on this trip. We took the girls up one afternoon for pony rides and a carriage ride around the resort up on the mountain. For those of you that know anything about Claire you know that this was the best part of her entire trip. She could hardly speak she was so happy, it was cute to watch her. Jacob was thrilled when he got a chance to sit on the pony as well. I love the picture or his face full of unbridled joy in the top left corner of the collage.
Allan and I even got to go on a two hour horse back ride the morning before we headed back home. It was a beautiful ride with amazing views of Lana'i, Molaka'i, and Maui. The guy who guided our ride may be famous some day so I need to document that Jesse Taylor led our ride and sang one of his original songs afterwards. He is an amazing musician just for the record.
One afternoon we headed back up to Lodge at Koele and let the kids play on the miniature golf course. We had to literally pry the putter out of Jacob's hands. It was a fun, cool, beautiful outing. After mini golf all the women, Gig, Christie, Elizabeth, and I had tea and champagne and some much needed time away from the kiddos. It was such a great time, I don't feel like I ever get to just talk to my sisters-in-law without interruption so this was a nice change. We plan to make a Mama/Mimi outing a priority every family trip from here on out.


1 comment:
Sounds like a great time!
Post a Comment