Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Girl's Trip 2010

I just got back from a wonderful weekend with three of my girlfriends. I was not totally sure what to expect since my friends had not really been around each other before. I mean I knew that I really liked all of them and I hoped that they would all meash well, but you never really know (especially when girls are involved). It was perfect! We are all mommies to young children and typically we are running on fumes. When we started discussing what we wanted out of this trip it was unanimous...rest. We had a great condo right on the beach so we sat on our balcony and chatted, kept the windows open so that we could always hear the ocean the entire time. We didn't really DO all that much and it was perfect, so relaxing. Most of the trip revolved around food since we had two preggos with us ;) Hannah and Krista were real troopers, especially since their pregnancies have involved a lot of sickness that has not really subsided. We did venture out to explore downtown San Diego on Saturday afternoon and do a little shopping and then went to Coronado Island for dinner. I could have spent days on that island, it is BEAUTIFUL!!


The three friends that I got to spend the weekend with are special to me for many different reasons.

I have known Sarah (bottom picture) the longest. We actually met when we were in elementary school but didn't reconnect until after we graduated from high school. She is so dear to me, we have walked through many seasons of life- partying, growing up, becoming wives and mothers- I would not change one moment of our friendship because it has shaped us into the people we are today. I love this girl almost as if she were my sister. I hate that we live so far apart, but I am so thankful for times like we had this weekend!! I also have to give her a huge shout out for riding a roller coaster with me on this trip because they aren't really her favorite ;)

Krista (top right picture) is my California friend, she was my saving grace when I moved out there after Allan and I got married. We had such a fun year of living close to each other making memories on weekend adventures with our husbands. She is someone that I don't actually talk to all that often, but is always the same person, same friend when we do reconnect. I love having someone that is just comfortable no matter the time or distance in between seeing each other.

Hannah (top left picture) is my newest friend and I just seriously love being around her. This may sound weird but she just brings calmness with her wherever she goes. She is younger than me by a few years, but I actually feel like I have a lot to learn from her. She is my "crunchy" friend ;) We could not be more different in a lot of ways, but somehow I feel like we totally compliment each other in our friendship. I am so excited about the memories we will continue to make as our friendship grows. I am super blessed to have her living so close by.

I am blessed to finally have really close friendships, even though some of my friends don't actually live close by. I have always wanted to be known and to be comfortable being myself with the people in my life these are three of the ladies that I feel like I can do that with and it means the world to me. Thank you ladies for making the effort to come on this trip!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a great trip! Love the pictures. I'm so glad you got to spend the weekend relaxing with great friends.

Hannah said...

Those are some of the sweetest things anyone has said about me! Thanks Emily! :-) Thanks for including me in this trip. It was a blast and just what I needed!

In His Grip said...

I am so glad you have such strong friends. I am tellin' ya it's important. Keep it up!

Jenny said...

I LOVE girl trips! Good for you for making the time. Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Em, for putting this all together! It was the perfect weekend...just what I needed! I feel very blessed to have shared so many memories with you! Love ya!!!

Kate said...

I can't believe you were in Coronado! That's where I grew up and my parents still live! I've been here all month!

Glad you had fun!