Sunday morning was beautiful and after a few weeks of nasty cold weather we decided we could all use some time outside. We decided to load up and go for a hike at the lake. It was such a wonderful little family outing! I told Allan that it is in moments like this that I am totally at peace and happy. Claire entertained us with her chattering and won the fanciest hiker award. Jacob loved when he was able to get down and throw rocks in the lake. We finally saw Lily get excited for the first time when she saw birds. Allan and I just soaked it all in and decided that we may make this a part of our Sunday morning routine.
2 comments:
Oh what a treat! I'm so happy you're doing this. Lily just seems to fit right in!
What a wonderful habit to get into. I always loved those family times too when you were kids and we would go together to someplace where the only thing to do was to enjoy, listen to, and love one another... preferably outside and away from phones, TV, etc.... well, house phones and TV is all there was, right? Silly me for that "ect." part.
Post a Comment