Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day

I thought it would be fun to take a look back at Allan's past Father's Days. He hasn't changed a bit, but holy cow the changes in the kids are amazing. Allan is seriously one of the most amazing fathers I have ever known. He is consistent, his love for his children is unconditional, he is passionate about investing in their lives. He makes the choice daily to totally engage with them at their level which at this point looks a lot like running like wild man playing chase around the house, playing hide and seek, pretending to be their horse, and wrestling all over the living room. He never seems to be looking for an out with the kids and almost always will completely stop what he is doing to love on them. They have no idea how blessed they are to have such a wonderful daddy. He is a man that sets a wonderful example with his daily life for them and they will benefit greatly from that as they grow. I love this man, I love watching him be a daddy!

Sunday morning Allan and I were finishing up our overnight getaway to the Gaylord so Allan's parents brought the kids to meet us for brunch at his favorite breakfast place, The Original Pancake House. When I asked Allan what he wanted to do the rest of the day he opted to sit on the couch and watch golf after he opened a few presents. He got the camo Waffle House hat he wanted and some headphones for playing video games with his friends online (nerd!). Claire made him a card in the shape of an I which mean "I love you", she is pretty creative. I love her homemade cards and may never spend money on a real card again.

The highlight of the Father's Day gifts was the recordable book that we got from Hallmark. It was the Daddy and Me book and since Claire is the only one that can talk I did the Q and A with her. It was so sweet and funny. I got tears in my eyes watching Allan listen to every page and Claire was so proud that she gave him a gift that made him so happy. I HIGHLY recommend this gift! I can't wait to do it again when Jacob and Aubrey turn 4.

Happy Father's Day Allan Joseph! I love you so much. You inspire me to be a better parent. You are a true gift from God and I am thankful that we get to raise these kiddos together!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: