Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Ever VBS

Claire went to her very first Vacation Bible School at one of the local churches. It was a last minute decision to put her in and I am so glad we did. She was a little nervous the first morning at drop off because there were about 1,000 kids signing in and that was overwhelming. When I picked her up a few hours later she was bouncing up and down and said "this was the best day ever!"

{random tangent} I actually had a few tears as I drove off that first day. It was one of those moments that you just know your baby is growing up. I know it has to happen and that there are amazing moments ahead of us and memories to be made it is just happening so fast.


!
Friday night they hosted a family fun night for all the VBS kids and their families. We had such a wonderful time. Some of our new friends from our small group at church had sent their daughter to VBS as well and so we spent the evening hanging out with them. It was pretty cute to watch Claire and Harper hold hands and lead us from activity to activity. The Boogie Woogie Choo Choo and the horses were a definite highlight.

Claire ended the week a little sad that VBS was ending and doesn't really love the idea of waiting all the way until next year to go back. I love that we have opportunities to send Claire to really fun events where she also learns about Jesus. She seems to grasping what God's love means and wanting to make good decisions even when it is hard sometimes. I am so proud to be the mommy of such an amazing little girl. She blesses my life daily.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leanna said...

That looks like one really fun VBS. I can hardly believe how old she is, and I'm just a spectator!