On June 11th, my baby boy turned two years old. How has time flown by so quickly? My little Jakey is absolutely the person that keeps me on my toes everyday. He is hilarious, active, loving, and a rascal. I am head over heels in love with him. There are absolutely times I think I need to bury my head in the sand until he is about five because I don't think I can pull him off the counter one more time, but even during those times he is so full of joy and adventure I can't stay too upset with him. One of my favorite things about Jacob is the way he will randomly run up to me in the middle of a sword fight or basketball game and hug me so tightly and plant a kiss on me. He likes to get reactions out of people and can be quite the performer, he seems to be super confident and that makes me proud. One of the coolest things to watch is the way he loves his daddy. He is 100% a Daddy's Boy and watching their relationship makes me smile daily. I am so thankful God chose Allan and I to raise Jacob!
We spent Jacob's birthday morning as a little family celebrating our little man. He played in his ball pit (which got returned the next day because it was such a mess), wearing his super cute construction costume while pushing his new tractor all over the house, learning how to play a puzzle that his sister picked out for him, eating a yummy breakfast, and playing hard until naptime. Such a fun morning!
His party was that afternoon and it was fun chaos. Allan made another wonderful cake for our birthday boy who is a lover of all things sports. The ball pit was emptied and refilled over and over by the older guests at the party, the bubble machine was a hit with the younger crowd, and Jakey was blessed with some super fun toys from everyone who could make it to the party.
I love you Jacob Allan and I love celebrating your life. You bless this family everyday with your infectious zeal for life. I can't wait to see what this year brings for you and our clan, I am sure it will be adventure filled because of you.



2 comments:
Excellent post about your sweet, adventurous, full of energy little boy Emily. I so love both of you and this will be a great keepsake someday for Jacob in a new edition of your "Blog Book".
Happy Birthday Jake! I'm glad we got to celebrate Jake and O together afterwards too! Seems baseball cakes were in high demand that day! :)
Post a Comment