Friday, July 20, 2007
Neighborhood Watch
I am excited about our neighborhood. I think that by the grace of God I am coming out of my shell and figuring out how to be a little more social without the leading (or should I say pulling) of my husband. I was so proud of me yesterday, I spent a little time chatting at a neighbors house, made dinner for a neighbor that just had a baby, and finished the day off hanging out in another neighbors yard while our kids played. There is a buzz on the street that we want to have a block party so we can all get to know each other even better. I am also thinking that I will open our home up on Claire's actual birthday for cake and ice cream. I think that I am just realizing that there is a reason Allan and I found a home on Veronica Dr. in Flower Mound. We are pretty much the only Christians on the block. We are surrounded by mormons, hindus, and a few families that just seem to be searching. I really hope that we are able to come out of our comfort zones and be a good example to those around us. We have no intention of putting on a holier than thou attitude, we want to get into these people's lives and live in community with them. Hopefully they will see that there is something different about who we are. So here is to our neighborhood, I look forward to being a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Em,
What a wonderful opprtunity to let your Light shine. :0) God did put you and your sweet little family there on Veronica Street for a reason, didn't He? I know that as you and Allan press into Jesus, He will open doors of ministry and give you creative ways to pour out His love on your neighbors... sounds like He is already doing that. I love you!
Post a Comment