Claire loved the freedom that being in the country offered. Asher showed her the ropes of exploring one year old style. They were so cute to watch on our "hikes" around the camp. They threw rocks, played in the mud, picked flowers, and climbed on the rocks. They played ball, played on the slide, climbed on anything that would get them an extra six inches or more off the ground (especially Asher, that kid is a mountain goat), and one of the most fun things was their little two person Easter egg hunt that Sara and I set up for them. They were thrilled when they figured out that these little plastic eggs held treasures otherwise known as smarties.
This is Asher's happy/silly face that he will do just to make people laugh. He is such a goofy kid.
Claire really bonded more with her Beau. She would wake up in the morning and the first thing she would say is "where Beau go?". When he would walk into the room she would get so excited. She loved just being in his arms. I love how much she loves him, especially since they don't see each other all that often. She has actually asked for him a few times since we have been back. It is too sweet.
A little exploring at the archery range at the camp. This was an empty log that was sure to hold something special, after peering in for a minute adn finding nothing they were off to their next adventure.
Allan and my brother, Coby, were on their own little much needed get away. They went on a fishing and golf trip to Arkansas. This is a guys trip that a bigger group usually goes on but for one reason or another everyone else couldn't make it so it was just the two of them. They had a great time. Allan was proud to say that he caught the most fish and the biggest trout on the trip (everything is a competition to him).
I have said it before, but I am so thankful that I married a man that gets along with my family so well. He and Coby have a special bond which makes my heart happy, they just get each other- maybe that is because they were the only boys with sisters growing up, they are the brothers they always wanted.

6 comments:
Looks like you all had a great weekend ... I'm so glad!
so glad that the boys had a good time. i know ben was pretty bummed he couldn't go. he asked his surgeon how soon he could fly. seriously..he had surgery on wednesday and thought he may be able to fly the next day. boys. he is still hurting pretty bad, 6 days later. sounds like you and claire had a great weeekend too! fun :)
Aren't cousins fun? I'm glad you had a fun, memory making weekend!
Sounds like a great weekend for the whole family. And Claire really is just too cute with her cousin.
Keep it up, because I sure wish I had a better bond with my cousins!
What a fun post. You keep up those trips to see your sister. It's so fun to have cousins so close in age. Hope you get to do it again.
I love your quote, "they are the brothers they always wanted." That's so great. You guys just have the best family!
Post a Comment