Friday, March 7, 2008

At Least I Tried...

That is what I have heard a couple times this week. Allan and I have made a few decisions on how to improve life and one of the things I am trying to do is cook more (at least three time s a week). I am 0 for 2 and I have one more meal on the way tonight. The first try was going to be this fancy tropical BBQ chicken in the crockpot. I have never seen anything so burned in all my days. The poor chicken pieces looked like lumps of coal, seriously. The second meal was a roast and veggies in the crockpot and within a few hours the roast was as tough as a bootstrap, seriously. Mt sweet husband responded with grace and not sarcasm which was a smart move on his part. He said "well at least you tried". He even attempted to eat the roast. I think it has to be the crockpot because I have made a few delicious roasts over the last few months. So much for the "fix it and forget it" method of cooking, grrrrr.
So I am off to make homeade lasagna for tonight. If it is gross I think that I will find a new way to help around the house- like fluffing pillows or making sure the TV still works hahaha

Oh yeah to add to the glory of trying to be a better housewife I cleaned for what seemed like hours last night (it was probably only one or two total). As I was folding laundry last night I heard Allan say something to the effect of "oh no" and when I went to see what had happened Claire had poured chocolate milk all over herself, the rug, and the chair she was sitting in. She repeated this again today and then followed it with digging in the trashcan and pouring old yogurt all over the freshly cleaned floors. I think I need to start being careful how I react to these kinds of "accidents" because she immediately started loudly saying "oh man" and "shoot" (which actually sounds much more like another word that fit the situation perfectly, but should not be said by a 19 month old).

I guess I have a long road ahead of me and a lot of patience to learn if I am going to improve my homemaking skills and my mothering of a little rugrat.

***While writing this post my girl made her way into the pantry and dumped an ENTIRE box of Grape Nuts on the floor. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean those little buggers up. Can someone please help me with my straightjacket, I am having a hard time with the buckles.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a frustrating time ... but you'll probably laugh about it down the road! Hope the lasagna turns out well!

Emily said...

I actually already am laughing about it. I know that I was made to be a mommy, but a housewife...I am not so sure ;)

Sarah W said...

i hope the lasagna comes out fantastic! i would definately blame the crockpot on the last two meal attempts :)