Monday, March 10, 2008

Book Tag

Alrighty, I am a sucker for these games of tag. My sister tagged all those that read her blog and I am it.

The rules: "Look up from the computer, look around the room where you're sitting and pick up the closest book. And closest really means closest. No cheating by running upstairs to unearth your pink-highlighted college copy of The Critique of Pure Reason or the Prolegomena. Open the book, turn to page 123, count down to the fifth sentence on that page, and then post the next three sentences."

There was not a book within sight so I had to go to the closest cabinet and get the first book I saw. Here is my excerpt of Sacred Marriage (I know, I know, I am incredibly holy and on top of keeping this marriage the best it can be...don't be jealous...and don't remember that I had to get it out of a cabinet hahaha)

There is exalted truth in this conversion experience. What really happened was that by remaining faithful to an unfaithful husband, Leslie demonstrated the truth of a God who remains faithful to an unfaithful people. Her father had heard the gospel many times, but it wasn't until he saw it displayed in Leslie's life that he wanted it for himself.

Tag you are it, leave me a note and let me know if you are going to play.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I played.

sunni said...

Ok, I've posted mine. By-the-way, I've been enjoying your blog. Claire is beautiful!

Leanna said...

Ok, it's on it's way. And may I remark, how random of a thing to do!

Sarah said...

Playing...