
I cannot believe my baby started "school" (Mother's Day Out) today. This is one of those events I thought was so far away when she was an infant but it snuck up on me so fast. Claire was SO excited about going to school today. We had a little bit of a hectic morning getting ready to head out the door since I am a novice to the whole getting up, getting everyone (including myself) ready, making a lunch, packing a backpack, taking pictures,
feeding the kids (sadly Claire only had time for a pop tart), and everything else that goes with being a mommy. Thankfully Allan stayed home otherwise we would have never made it on time.

Walking up to school for the first time. My baby girl looked so cute with her backpack that was more than half her size and her lunch box... it was all princesses of course. She was so independent, she didn't even want to hold my hand on her way in.

I couldn't believe how big she seemed. When I asked her what she was most excited about her response was "sleeping on the floor". I thought that was hilarious since she doesn't love sleeping so much. Turns out she didn't fall asleep at all, but laid quietly and still and loved every minute of it.

Giving my baby girl a hug before she was off to play with all of her soon to be friends. I hope that she lets me hug her and take a picture with her on her first day of school until she goes to college. Who knows, I might show up on her first day of college and walk her to her first class, take a picture, and give her a hug there too ;)

The
Kavalich family making their debut into the world of Mother's Day Out. It is going to be a great year. Claire's first day went
smashingly well. I am so thankful that Claire is so excited about her school and independent. When I picked her up Mrs. Amy, her teacher, said that Claire was such a sweet girl and she absolutely loved spending the day with her. I am one proud mama!
6 comments:
she looks so happy AND so stinkin' cute! Congrats on making it through that all important first day! :-)
Wow! What a big girl. Glad she like it. I'm sure it will be nice to get one-on-one time with Jacob too.
What a fun day for our little Miss Claire-Bear! So glad it went so well for her and for you too Em. I bet she was excited about her name being on the wall of her very own classroom.
What an exciting day! She looks so cute and she seems excited to be there. What a big girl!
She looked so big and so cute! What a fun stage of life.
I cannot believe ClaireBear is big enough to have a backpack and go to school! Sheesh! Hope you all have fun this 'school year'!
Post a Comment