Tuesday, December 29, 2009
The Bird's Nest
We just spent five days in CA at the in-laws' house. It was a great trip! Allan and Gig (my in-laws) love being grandparents more than just about anything in the world. They are loving and generous and my kids are so blessed to have them in their lives. One of the coolest things they have done for their grandkids is build a second story onto their house. The room is called "The Bird's Nest" and it is a little girl's paradise (eventually they will incorporate a few boy things as well). Claire has yet to sleep in one of the three princess beds, but she had a blast playing in all the dress up clothes and pulling everything she could reach out of the huge toy closet. We are all looking forward to the day that the cousins can go to Mimi and Papa's house for sleepovers and get a lot more use out of this great room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
That is THE cutest thing EVER!
That is insane!! What a lucky bunch of kiddos!
Love "The Bird's Nest". Matt and I walked through it last time we were in CA, it was just an empty room back then, Gig and Allan were telling us their dreams for the room, it is fun to see it all come to fruition! Hope you had a wonderful visit. Somehow we are going to have to coordinate our visits our to CA better so we can see you guys!
I want to spend the night there and be a princess! what a blessing.
It's beautiful!!
My parent's built a room upstairs in their house called "The Tree House" and my inlaw's have a room for all the grandsons called "The Bunk House". I'm sure your kids will have so much fun playing up there! They'll just need to add some Star Wars costumes for Jacob.
Wow! Ask Allan and Gig if I can come stay. :)
It's amazing ... just imagine all the memories that will be made there.
Are you kidding me?? I want to stay there! My parents have a bunk house, but it's nothing like that!
Love catching up on your blog. I had to comment about the Bird's Nest - WOW!!! It needs to be in an interior decorating magazine. It is REALLY beautiful! Those are some lucky grandkids!!!
What a beautiful Princess Room!!! Like a little girls' dream come true, isn't it? They did such a good job and thought of absolutely EVERYTHING, didn't they? What neat grandparents! Wish I could go visit, turn back into a little girl and feel like a princess. :0)
Amazing!!! One of my favorite parts is Jacob's blue plate. :)
Post a Comment