Monday, December 7, 2009

Princess Time

Claire got a new dress to wear in her Christmas program at school this week and she loves it! She calls it a princess dress and when she tries it on she just twirls and twirls. The other day she asked me to put on my princess dress and I thought...why not. I found the poofiest dress in my closet- my wedding dress- and squeezed right into it. We spent a little bit of time dancing and singing "I'll Love You Forever" to each other. It was a memory I will never forget. I am so glad that I took the chance to make my little girl's eyes light up as I came around the corner in my white sparkly dress. It was so much fun and so very sweet.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Leanna said...

Oh my gosh! That is what having a daughter is all about! Glad you could make the special memory! And kudos to you, mommy of 2 for, fitting into your dress!

Kathy said...

How special!!!!!!! I love memories like that. Claire is precious.

I officially don't like you. My wedding dress would laugh at me if I even looked at it. Very impressive that you can wear it.

I'm just kidding, I still like you. ;)

Emily said...

For The Record...my wedding dress had a corset back and it was very loosely tied. I was glad I could get it up, but I did not look anything close to what I looked like on my wedding day.

amy said...

So sweet... this is one of the reasons I always wanted a daughter. Enjoy her!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

I love this!! You should do it again and let Allan or someone video you girls twirling and twirling. Precious memories galore! I'm with Kathy... my wedding gown would laugh at me if I even lifted it out of the ole cedar chest. Bet I could still get my legs in it. ha

Alicia said...

I love it! See I have GOT to have a girl...fun fun...love the picture too...=)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that you did that and I'm so glad you posted a picture!

Sara said...

Priceless memory!!! Thanks for explaining how exactly you were able to fit in your wedding dress. :) I would LOVE to be able to fit into mine again one day!

Allison said...

I'm crying right now. That is a great idea and a way to get good use out of your wedding dress! I always wonder if I'll ever put it on again and if I should even keep it or if my daughter would ever want it... blah, blah, blah. That's one way to be sure to make more memories in it.

Anonymous said...

Oh...that is so sweet. And they say you never wear your wedding dress again:)