Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fun Times (More Often Than Not)

My kids are becoming buddies and that is a fun transition to watch. The adoration that Claire has poured out on her brother since he was in my tummy is finally starting to be reciprocated. Jacob usually lights up when Claire comes near, unless of course she has recently "hugged" him a little too hard, then he kind of whimpers as she approaches. Claire often says "you are my best friend buddy" and that makes me so proud. I really hope and pray that my kids will always have a close, fun, loving relationship.
This little guy is almost 6 months old and he gets more fun everyday. He is generally very happy and still pretty laid back although there are moments that he will let us know that he has an opinion. He is a lot like his daddy that way- rarely has an opinion but when he does watch out. He is sitting up and rolling all over the place. He is starting to play with toys which is so fun. As you can tell he is still quite the eater and will eat pretty much anything offered to him. There is not a baby food that he has opposed this last month and would easily eat two jars of food per sitting (I have only done that once, he puked a lot of it up...oops). He is beginning to chatter a lot too. His favorite sound is "dadadada". I am just so in love with my sweet Jacob and love watching him grow.
Watching the kids play together is one of my favorite things ever. It is nice to get five or ten minutes to work on laundry or dishes or catch up on Facebook while they play together on the floor for a bit.
This little beauty keeps me on my toes about fifteen hours a day. She is hilarious and sweet most of the time, but she can also be a force of nature that shakes me to my core at times as well. It is in those moments of total angry chaos I find myself praying "Jesus let her get saved quick!!!!" . I won't focus on those moments right now, they are no fun to relive. Some of the great things about Claire at the moment are her imagination, her reasoning skills that are not always practical but usually end up making sense, her love of all things artsy, her love for her little family, her "fashion" preferences. She is becoming such a great little person and I love her more deeply everyday.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are such great pictures (love that dress Claire's wearing in the last one). It's so neat that Jacob and Claire are interacting now!

Kate said...

Love that dress! Jacob is SO SO cute, Emily! I'm looking forward to when Charlie begins to reciprocate Jack's love right now. It's all one-sided at the moment. And, I can totally relate to the hugging too hard...I feel like I spend my days playing defense on Charlie's behalf!

Allison said...

"Jesus, let her get saved real quick!" hahahaha That is so true.

Their reasoning at his age and the things they think if to get in trouble with is exhausting! But it always makes me laugh at the end of the day.

Claire's hair is getting so long. It's really cute.

Mama Jeannie said...

How fun the growing love between siblings. I too hope Jacob and Claire and all your other children to come will be close throughout their lives. A loving family is a treasure and something worth nurturing for a lifetime for sure.

Sara said...

LOVE this post! I adore them!!! And I love the dress too! :)