We had a wonderful time in California over Christmas. Jacob finally met his entire Kavalich family and we finally met our newest niece Catherine who is so tiny and sweet. My mother in law knows how to host, it is almost like being on vacation every time we are at her house and that is such a blessing. We all spent a lot of time outside in the beautiful 70 degree weather and the "big" girls even spent an afternoon in the hot tub. There was a lot of laughter and cuddling with babies, there was yummy food, generous and thoughtful Christmas gifts for everyone, and all the parents got to practice their refereeing skills at one point or another (there are now seven grand kids 5 and under). I really love watching Claire bond with this side of the family. We do not see them often enough, but somehow she just knows that they are family and she has a special relationship especially with the three that are closest in age to her. Jacob was super laid back, as always, he got passed around a lot and seemed pretty happy no matter who's arms he was in. He really fell in love with his Uncle George (who just might be one of the greatest men I have ever known; I could do an entire post on him, maybe I will one day). We were there for five days and I would say it was one of best trips out there. We can't wait to see them all again...hopefully sooner than later.



5 comments:
Those are some of the most well-dressed children I have ever seen. You have a great CA family!
What a fun time. Love all the photos. And I can't wait to read the post about Uncle George. :) I've always heard you say great things about him. How special to have an uncle like that.
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas with the Kavalich clan. So glad you got to create lots of special memories with them!
Sounds like a really special time! I love that Claire has a special bond with her Kavalich cousins! And I love it that Jacob is so laid back. He's so darn cute!
Thanks for sweet words about my George! We had a great time with you guys and Anna keeps asking about when we're coming to Texas, so we'll have to plan a trip.
Post a Comment