Our playgroup had a birthday party for Jesus this year and it was so fun. I have said this before, but I love this playgroup! I love that we have been getting together for two and half years and that our kids are getting to grow up together. I love the other three moms that I have built friendships with and look to as mentors since they have been doing this mom thing a bit longer than me.All the kids got to decorate a cupcake for the birthday party which turned into a sprinkle explosion in most cases. It seemed that they were having a contest to see who could get the most sugar on their cupcakes.
I thought that the snowflakes all over Claire's looked really pretty.
One of the funniest moments of the party was the book exchange. We had them sit in a circle and told them to pass the gifts until the music stopped and then they could open whichever gift they were holding. Well evidently three and four year olds don''t really get passing gifts in a circle, there were gifts going everywhere. Thankfully a couple of the moms stepped in to smooth the process out a bit. Claire came home with The Night Before Christmas which I was so happy about. I can't believe we didn't have that book already.



4 comments:
Cool! What a great book to recieve :)
~Elyse
I love the Christmas book exchange idea so much! Wish my mommy friends and I had thought of such things when you were little. Great idea for the musical book-go-around too. Cute.
Love Claire's cupcake. :)
I love that y'all have that group! I love the things y'all do! Maybe one day I'll start being creative. :)
Post a Comment