Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rascal ~ Date Night ~ BDay Week

Anyone who is my friend on Facebook knows that the last week or two my sweet little baby boy has turned a corner into SERIOUSLY RASCALLY BOYHOOD!!! I have been able to snap a few pictures of SOME of his antics this last week. Climbing has become a new favorite pastime of my little guy. He has even figured out how to push stools around to get to what he wants. The pantry is a treasure trove for Jacob. His sister left the door open the other day and while I was working on the laundry I heard a crash followed by a squeal of joy. He had gotten a bag of cereal out of the box and spilled it everywhere. When I walked in he said "ooooooo!" and then ran as fast as he could. It is a little hard to get upset with such a cute little guy, but there have definitely been moments that I have been pushed to my limits by the time the evening hits and in those moments I am so thankful that Allan is my partner in parenting and jumps in to help out.

Speaking of my partner in parenting...on Friday we were really needing a date and were short a babysitter so we decided to start one of our favorite at home activities that does not include any form of technology- a puzzle. I decided to get one that was a little more difficult than our usual therefore a week later it is still unfinished on our table.

Allan decided that the main thing he wanted for his birthday was the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker and since we are having his birthday party this weekend we bought it last Saturday so we could make some trial drinks. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint. His Minute To Win It birthday party is tonight and I cannot wait to share the pictures and details once it is over.

3 comments:

krista said...

ah jacob....good thing you are so cute my lil friend :)

that puzzle looks like a crazy one. it would still be sitting undone on my table too!!!

and...so wish we could be there for the minute to win it party...i can't wait to hear about it!!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Can't wait to hear about the party - love the theme!

Amy said...

Thumbs up on the margarita maker! And I love that yall had a technology-free date night at home! Sometimes, those homemade kind of dates are nice!