We had some family time at Bass Pro. It was such a fun night. Claire made a reindeer craft and sent a letter to Santa. We rode a carousel made up of Santa's reindeer. Jacob loved seeing all the animals both dead and alive and both kids had a ball playing in the tents. It is seriously the little things that make life so great and I love making these kinds of memories with my little family.
Our friends Hannah and Ava came over for our annual (this is the second year in a row) cookie decorating event. It was not quite as productive or peaceful as last year with both Jacob and Ava being a little more active this go around but we still had fun.
This has become one of Claire's favorite activities and Jacob is quickly following in her footsteps. I know it is not the best thing for the furniture, but it is so fun watching them have so much fun.
We had our annual playgroup Christmas party and it was a good time. The kids colored ornaments and filled every little friend's party bag with goodies. Cooper read the Texas version of The Night Before Christmas to all his friends and Claire was totally impressed. We were sad that two of our playgroup buddies couldn't make it. I love this group of friends and it will be sad when these monthly playdates have to come to an end, three of the six kiddos start Kindergarten next year.
Claire and I spent a Sunday afternoon at The Gaylord Texan with the Powells and my parents. Although it was a crazy long wait for lunch we still had a good time looking around at all the sites. It is such a great place year round, but it is kind of magical at Christmas time.I spent a lot of December trying to get Jacob to stop touching Christmas ornaments
We also spent a lot of December trying to get a decent picture. which resulted in many outtakes.

2 comments:
Great pictures and great Christmas moments!
Just got through reading all your Christmas blog entries. I must say each memory made is priceless. I'm sure you would agree and I am also very thankful again for the documentation all you kids make of your lives together and as individual families. Your kids, hopefully, will treasure each story and pass them down to your grandchildren one day.
Post a Comment