Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kavalich Christmas

This year we were able to fly out to CA the day after Christmas and stay until New Years Day. It was the longest we have ever gone out there for a holiday. We had a good time and made a lot of memories. As always my in laws were very gracious and generous. It was nice to not be so rushed throughout our visit. Claire has said many times since we got home how much she misses "the granddaughters" and wonders when we will see them all again.

This was primarily an American Girl Christmas in the extended Kavalich family and let me just say Claire was thrilled with all the accessories she got for her dolls. I think one of my favorite gifts she got were her "Mimi" glasses, they crack me up.

Jacob got some really fun presents as well, most of them had to do with the transportation industry and that was just fine by him.
The presents were great, but the highlight of our time in CA was the fun that this group of cousins had for seven days. There were so many laughs and a few tears. I love that even though my kids only see this group of cousins only a couple of times a year they always seem to pick up right where they left off. The "big" kids would disappear for hours at a time up in the Bird's Nest and disappear into their own little make believe worlds. I loved sneaking up the stairs and listening to the pretend to be mommies, teachers, and animals. One of the other super cute moments was when the girls put on a little concert for us using Charlotte's karaoke machine. I just love this group of kiddos.
This year Gig helped the big kids put on their first production of The Christmas Story. It was A-DOR-ABLE!! Claire was so excited to be the angel and she delivered her lines like a pro ;)
I could not help but post her sassy pose, it cracks me up.
This was our second year to go to Disney on Ice and it was great. There were a lot more princesses and the Toy Story characters which was a perk for the girls. I was shocked that Claire totally passed out for the second act, but there was no waking her up. All the late nights in the Bird's Nest caught up to her.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that they acted out the Christmas Story ... maybe I should do that with my kids next year before they're all too big.

MamaJeannie said...

And fun was had by all, right?:0) I too love that the kids did the Nativity. I so much want my grandchildren to do that, but wonder if I could ever get them gathered up into one room to practice and even get the roles assigned without incident. ha-ha Maybe we'll try it next year.

Sara said...

I love these pictures and all the memories that were made!!! The sassy angel pose is the best by far!!! :)