Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meeting Malia Joy

I was so happy that our good friends Ben and Krista welcomed their second baby girl into their family while we were still in CA. Malia Joy was born on New Years Eve and we were able to visit them in the hospital the morning before we flew home. I like to say she was named after me since we share a middle name (don't burst my bubble Krista). I digress....Malia is so incredibly cute and I am in love with all of her dark hair. She was so tiny and loved being in my arms ;)
It was great to spend a little time with Ben and Krista too. We hated that our visit was so short, but we know that we will see them all again at some point in the next six months or so. Have I ever mentioned what a bummer it is to have people you like so much live so far away?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How neat that you got to see the baby ... that was serendipitous!

Sarah said...

How exciting you got to see that sweet baby! It looks like you all had a great holiday season! How fun you got to celebrate with both sides of your family & even have Christmas morning at your own home as a little family. Miss you friend!

MamaJeannie said...

What a sweet New Year gift that little Miss Malia must be. Perfect timing for you guys to be there and get to hold her while she is so new. She has a beautiful mommy I might add.

krista said...

SO so glad you guys were able to stop by and meet her...and that we got to see you!

Sara said...

Yay! Congratulations to Ben and Krista! Malia is beautiful! I'm so glad you got to meet her when she was so new!