Friday, January 28, 2011

Here We Go Again

Thursday morning, January 21st, I woke up at 2:00am from a very real dream. In the dream I was pregnant, but it wasn't the most peaceful dream and I couldn't get back to sleep. I had seen a pregnancy test in the bathroom drawer the day before when cleaning out the bathroom. I decided if I was going to be awake I may as well take a test and put my mind at ease. I waited and squinted at the test in my hand and kind of thought that I saw the shadow of a second line appear. I kept thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me. It took us a year to get pregnant with Jacob and that was so frustrating, this go around we were on month two. I had been trying to prepare myself that we would have to wait a while to add a third kiddo to our family. I went back to bed tossed and turned for a couple more hours then fell asleep until Allan got up for work. I got up took him the first test and asked him if he saw a second line too...he did. I wanted to be sure so I went bought a test that actually says the word pregnant on it and by Thursday afternoon it was confirmed.
We were and remain so excited. I had thought that we would not make any big announcements for awhile since I found out at 4 weeks and it would be another 8 weeks before I was out of the "danger zone" but it became evident pretty early on that we were not going to be able to keep it from Claire and once she knew the news could spread pretty fast. Telling Claire was SO much fun!! She danced and screamed and jumped up and down. Jacob followed her lead which was funny because he has no idea why they were so happy. We decided to call our families that night as well and let Claire tell them the fun news. We also told a few of our closest friends right away knowing that they would be praying for a healthy pregnancy from the beginning and we will take all the prayers we can get.
I went to the doctor on Monday of this week and he said all looks well as far as he can tell and I am scheduled for my first sonogram on February 17th. I always feel such a sense of relief during that first ultrasound when I see the heart beating. At the moment the estimated due date is September 3oth.
This has already felt different than the first two pregnancies. I am really excited but I don't feel that urgent need to plan out the next nine months like I did the first two times. I guess I just feel a little more laid back this go around...granted I am only five weeks pregnant ;) I am feeling really well at the moment too which is so nice. I had one day that I felt really nauseous but it was the day I tried a prescription pre-natal vitamin and I think that kind of tore me up. I have felt a little tired by about 9pm, but am doing great during the day. I am really hoping and praying that I will feel this good for the next 33-35 weeks.

Seriously, this girl is a BLAST! She is so incredibly excited about another baby coming to live at our house. She is asking so many more questions this time and is doing things to "take care" of the baby.
A few fun Claire The Big Sister memories so far:
** "How do babies get in your tummy if they aren't already in there?"
** "Can the baby sleep in my room when you come home from the hospital? I will just come wake you up if the baby waked up."
** She will just come up to me and kiss my tummy or rub gently
** When Jacob is playing rough she says "Jacob you have to remember to be very gentle with the baby." Then she will look at me and say "Don't worry Mom, I will teach him how you are supposed to take care of babies."

Jacob is pretty much oblivious other than the fact that when I say "Where is the baby?" he pulls my shirt up. He has no idea what is coming, but I have no doubt he will be a wonderful big brother. The biggest concern is that he will love this baby a little too much ;)

Yesterday we were doing some art stuff and Claire asked if she could draw a picture of our family under a rainbow. I LOVE it!! I actually thing I will frame it. The picture kind of takes my breath away, I cannot believe that we are a family of FIVE.

6 comments:

In His Grip said...

I am so excited for you guys. What a blessing. You will love having three (or more). You are blessed. Praying for you.

Allison said...

I know you didn't ask for any vitamin recommendations so take this with a grain of salt... I read recently about vitamins made with synthetic ingredients or non-whole food sources and how your stomach does not process them efficiently.

I highly recommend a brand named Mega Foods. They are made from whole food sources and contain no additives. No dyes, no fillers, etc. They even use food sources to bind all of the ingredients together. Apparently they have had 3rd party testing done on these vitamins and they have been shown to be absorbed at 90% as compared with 30% of your average synthetic vitamin.

I take them myself and even on an empty stomach they do not give me trouble. They have a formulation for pregnant and nursing women called Baby & Me. You can find them at Whole Foods, Henry's or Sprouts near us. I believe they have a store locator on their website.


So happy for you guys! Loved Claire's drawing. I vote for scanning it and getting a canvas made :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to see that third little Kavalich ... and to watch your other kiddos with a new sibling. So fun!

Heather said...

So exciting Emily! We are happy for you guys. Congratulations!

Leanna said...

We love your family and can't wait to meet the next Kav Kid! Will definitely be praying for a healthy ride for you and baby (and the rest of the crew!)! Still just makes me smile.

MamaJeannie said...

Precious post Em, but I couldn't open the pictures. )0: I'm loving all Claire's questions and comments about taking care of this new little sprout. Love that she is already protective and wanting to help Jacob learn to be a good big brother.