When Allan asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday this year I said all I wanted was a little family getaway. We decided to head to San Antonio and stay at the Hilton Hill Country where we swam in their heated pools and ate s'mores at night. It was a relaxing place to stay and we had so much fun.
The highlight of the weekend was spending Saturday at Sea World. It was a very spur of the moment decision to go, we were loading up to head downtown for the day and then Allan said "Let's just spend the day at Sea World". It is cheesy, but it was a little dream day for me. I have wanted to go there since third grade.
The first show we went to was Believe, the Shamu show. It was AMAZING to see these massive animals jump and the relationship they shared with their trainers. One of my favorite parts of this show was the mom and baby performing together. Claire and Jacob ooohed and ahhhhed and I even had tears in my eyes.
Another highlight of the day was feeding and petting the dolphins. Allan was the feeder and and Claire and I were the petters, we decided to keep Jacob's feet on the ground so he didn't go swimming which he would have loved to do.
The most beautiful show was Azul. I was too in to watching the show to take many pictures. It was amazing how high the dolphins jumped and how the beluga whales would dive deep with their trainers. The acrobats took our breath away. Claire decided that this is what she wants to do when she is bigger. I say dream big little one. Jacob loved the shows too. I think he will definitely be the kid in the splash zone next time getting drenched (probably with me) and Claire will safely sit high and dry with her daddy.
We did ride a few rides while we there, but the kids favorite non-fish activity was climbing around in this giant contraption. It was fun to watch them interact together and see their little friendship grow even deeper. I love these two kids so stinkin' much!!
Sunday morning we drove over to another hotel, Hyatt Hill Country and took pictures in the bluebonnets. This is actually my kids first time to take bluebonnet pictures...how sad is that?!? I included my 14 week belly shot.
Before heading home we decided on taking a little nature walk. Claire picked wildflowers and made me a birthday bouquet which I loved. This was exactly the weekend I was hoping for minus the unexpected road trip home since there were no flights for a few days, but I won't go down that dark road ;) I have the best husband that goes above and beyond to make special time for our family and make our dreams, even if they are small dreams, come true. Thank you babe, for a wonderful and memorable 32nd birthday weekend!!
1 comment:
What a beautiful party to celebrate Stella. So sweet of you girls to make that happen for her and for her Hannah Mommy.
I would say you have some of the biggest dreams to come true than you could have ever imagined Em. So glad your 32nd B-day was wonderful and even though you hated driving home, I LOVED getting to see my Baby Doll on her birthday. Love you.
Post a Comment