Wednesday, July 25, 2007

MIRACLE on Veronica Dr.




Well if there was a question in any your minds let me assure you that there is most definately a God!!! After 11 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days Claire went down for the night without me feeding her. Allan was actually able to put her down without too much horrendous crying. Thank you Jesus!!!! I was trying out our typical routine of feeding, rocking, pacing, bouncing, laying her down, picking her up, praying, and pleading with her to sleep when I finally called Allan up to her room and asked her to take a turn with her for a little bit (usually when he "takes a turn with her" it lasts for about ten minutes and then both Allan and Claire are beside themselves and I can't handle the crying anymore) tonight Claire did scream for about five minutes and then I heard her begin to calm down and then within a few more minutes there was silence. I am beside myself with joy that I kind of got my first night off in almost a year. Who knows maybe tomorrow I will let Allan start from the beginning and see what happens?!?!?! Maybe we have entered a new era, I will let you know.
***This picture isn't all that recent, but I don't have too many of her sleeping, she isn't the biggest fan of rest. There is too much to see and do in this world of hers =)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yea! I hope it happens for you all again tonight!

Sarah said...

Oh, Emily! I am SO happy for you! I hope this continues to be the norm!

Mama Jeannie said...

Allan and Emily! The joy of victory. May it become an ingrained habit as Claire finally enjoys the experience of sweet sleep... along with her mommy and daddy as well. :0)

Jody said...

Hey Emily~
You don't know me but I found your blog off of the Steece blog. I feel your VICTORY! I hope it lasted. We are not at that point yet in our twin rearing but we CAN'T wait to get there! Keep up the great work! Let me know if you have ANY advice!!

God bless ~
Janell