Sunday, August 5, 2007

I Am Blessed

Well, since my last real post I have become the mother of a one year old who gets funnier and more opinionated every day. We have had enough parties to get us through to next year and they have been fun, exhausting, and home destroying. I still have not caught up on the housework that needs to be done. Allan and I decided to take it easy this weekend which was really nice, but that leaves me with a lot to get done this week without too much help from my man since he will be working his tail off at Southwest.
So here is what I really wanted to say about my life at the moment...I am thankful for it. Just over a year ago there was a chance that I wasn't going to make it to see my baby girl grow up and then when that scare passed there was the possibility that I would not be able to have any more children. I am talking about the day that Claire was born. I hemorrhaged after she came out and lost more than half of my blood, but God had gone before me and placed me in the right place at the right time with the right doctors and most of all the right family and friends to desperately pray for me in my time of need. I just want to thank those of you who immediately went into crisis mode for me and Allan; I have no doubt that your prayers are why I am here today and will one day have a few more children. I also have to give a shout out to my OB in Austin, Dr. Bushart, he was on top of the incident from the get go and although I really doubt that he is a Christian, God absolutely worked through him and a certain radiologist I don't know his name) who performed the embolization that saved my uterus.
I will never forget the day Claire entered the world, mainly because it was the day that changed my life forever, in more ways than one. It is on the really hard days with Claire that I try and remind myself how blessed I am to be raising my little girl and watch her become the funny stong-willed princess that she is.

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness! I almost cried... again. Just thinking about the goodness, faithfulness, and favor of the Lord on that day boggles my mind and truly causes my spirit to rejoice within me. Thank You Lord for keeping my child in the palm of Your hand on that dark yet wonderful day. Thank You for carrying her through the valley of the shadow of death.... we Will fear no evil for You are with us and have prepared a feast in the presence of our enemies. You are the bread of life and we drink from the streams of rejoicing! My soul magnifies the Lord for You are worthy and have done wonderful things. Thank You for Emily; thank You for raising her up; for healing her and allowing her to be a wonderful mother to Claire and all the children to come. In the strong and powerful name of Jesus ! I love you 'Baby Doll'. Mama