Saturday, June 20, 2009

Jacob's Birth Day

We became a family of four on June 11th. It was a great day! The labor was a breeze, thanks to my epidural, and the delivery wasn't too bad either, even though the epidural had been turned way down. All of our prayers were answered and God kept both Jacob and I very safe. It is so nice to have memories of this experience. I don't want to forget them, so I thought that I would document the day here.

When Allan and I were getting ready to head to the hospital Claire decided that she wanted to join us on the trip to the hospital so all three of us loaded up and braved the storm for the induction. I got to the hospital around 7:30am and put on my beautiful gown. Claire and Allan entertained me for a bit while we waited for the action to start and for our Claire help to arrive. At 8:30 they started the pitocin and Dr. F broke my water (I was at a 3) and at 9:00 I received my epidural. The next few hours I had family in and out, updated Facebook, chomped on Sonic Ice, and generally enjoyed myself anxiously anticipating what was inevitably about to happen. They had me laying on my side to try and get Jacob to flip over because he was face up and he obliged just in time. The nurse checked me a little before noon and said I was at a 7 and while she was typing her info into the computer she said I better check you again something just happened in there. Within a few minutes I had progressed to a 9 and I was starting to feel a little bit of pain. By 12:30 it was go time. I ended up pushing for an hour and twenty minutes and was not sure I was going to make it, but Allan encouraged me that I was totally capable of getting this guy out and he was right. At 1:51pm Jacob Allan made his way into the world. I was so thankful to hold him in my arms. He was PERFECT and a chunky little guy!! You saw his stats a few posts ago.
Our first moments with our little buddy, I fell in love immediately.
We are already so proud of our son, he is a perfect fit for our family. We are so blessed!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I love this post! And I'm SO HAPPY that everything went so well! Can't wait to see you in a couple of days!

Jenny said...

I'm with Sara! Sweet post- glad it turned out to be a perfect delivery... one you'll remember with happy memories.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad you had such a great delivery ... God is good. Jacob is beautiful and you all look so happy in the photos.

Katie said...

I'm so glad it went so smoothly for you!! He's darling, and I'm sure he's just surrounded by love from everyone!! Hope you are resting and recovering well. Miss you!

Mama Jeannie said...

I am beyond thankful to God for his blessing in giving you a safe, relatively quick, and healthy delivery. To see that you and Jacob were both doing well blessed this mama's heart to put it mildly. So very very thankful.