I cannot believe that it has been a month since Jacob joined our family. It has been a great month. I fall deeper in love with this little guy every day. We have had a lot of family in and out which has been such a blessing. I have been "on my own" for about two weeks now and I have to say it has been so much better than I ever dreamed it would be. I have loved finding our (flexible) routine. I have been more adventurous than I thought I would be at this point, we get out of the house almost every day even if it is just a Sonic run.
Jacob is proving to be a strong boy. He can hold his head up for a few seconds at a time and has almost rolled out of his bath seat a few times. He loves his paci and napping on his tummy on the couch while I sit beside him. He doesn't mind having a pumped bottle every once in a while and that makes me really happy (it is nice to know that I can take a break if I need to and he will still eat). He seems to have a bit of a sensitive tummy so I have to watch what I eat so that we all get a relatively good night of sleep. As for sleeping, he usually wakes up every three hours at night, but he is a fast eater and usually goes right back to sleep so it is not too bad. We are just about to try to start a bit more of a schedule during the day with him. He has just started having a little more awake time during the day and is starting to engage with us a bit. Just today he was staring into my eyes and I was singing quietly and talking to him and he started to coo a little...be still my heart. I still think that he looks like my side of the family, but his blue eyes throw us off a bit, they look like his daddy's eyes. He is looking more and more like his own person and not a clone of Claire. He is a little chunk. We have not been back to the doctor so I don't have any measurements, but it is obvious that he is not missing any meals. He just feels like a boy, very stout. I love that he already has rolls on his legs and dimples on his hands. He is stinkin' cute!!!
I am really pleased with how smoothly the transition to two kids has gone. I am so thankful tat God gave us Jacob Allan, he is such a joy to have around. I can't wait to continue to make memories with our little man and watch him grow into his own little person. I still wonder what his personality will be like. This is such a great adventure!

9 comments:
He's a chunky monkey and so darn cute! I can't believe he's a month old already.
I cannot believe he's a month old either! Wow!! I'm so glad the transition from one to two has gone more smoothly than anticipated. What a blessing!!
He sure looks like a hunk, a hunk, of burnin' love :)
~Elyse
Too too cute! Love the chunkiness...if that is a word...I just love chunky babies. Thanks for sharing the update, hope there is more to come!
How has it been a month? What a sweet, sweet little guy!
Great post! I love the little dude too!!! You're doing great! I'm glad that it's been better than you thought. I know it's tough, but I'm so proud of you! :)
Emily Joy, you are such a great mama! I really mean that too. I love how you love your kiddos and that you discipline with so much love when it comes to the Claire-Bear. I love how you journal your children's lives and this little boy of yours... oh my goodness!! He is precious and blessed to have a mommy like you for sure. A month old!! Amazing!
He's so cute! I'm glad you're finding your footing--I'm so worried about managing 2 so I'm taking notes!
He's definitely filling out! What a cutie. Glad to hear the adjustment is going well.
Post a Comment