Sunday, December 6, 2009

Decorating for Christmas


We had a laid back morning last weekend decorating for Christmas. I love this time of year, I love how cozy the living room feels with a Christmas tree. I recently came across a couple of ornaments that belonged to my Granny and Pap and it makes me happy to see them hanging on my tree. We continued our tradition of everyone in the family getting a new ornament to hang on the tree this year, Claire received a princess castle, Allan got a Santa catching a trout, Allan was given a cute little airplane, and I added an ornament with a picture of my favorite place in Washington Lake Crescent Lodge. It is so great to look at our tree and see it filling up with memories. Jacob is at the perfect age this year he is intrigued with the tree, but isn't mobile enough to bother it. Claire is full of Christmas spirit this year and I LOVE it!!! She sings Christmas carols and makes Christmas crafts daily. She is also quite obsessed with opening the gifts under the tree and asks daily if it is Christmas yet. One of the highlights of the Christmas decorations this year is the LGB train that Allan has had since he was a little boy. It makes many circles a day around our tree. It has already been a good December and I look forward to many many more memories being made over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

You and Allan do Christmas so well and isn't it fun that Claire is able to comprehend and enter in with decorating, singing, and being in awe of this sparkly and beautiful season? Just FYI... I found another box with your Christmas decorations in it from years gone by. :) YEA!! We'll bring the box when we come this week.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love the picture of Claire on Allan's shoulders putting the star up!

Sara said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love having a Christmas tree up too! I was just thinking about how I like my living room so much more when it's up. :) I love the train around your tree too!!!