I LOVE my parent's Christmas tree. It is filled with so many memories. I can't really explain it, but when I see it I just feel like I am home.
It was good to go to Waco for part of the Christmas holiday this year. We have met either at my house or my sister Amy's house the last few years, but I really enjoyed being "home for the holidays" this go around. The kids had a ball playing out in my parent's yard even though it was freezing cold. They are obsessed with Poppie's pigeons and Jacob loved petting Smiley the dog. Skyler had Asher and Claire obeying her every word as they played school. There were many laughs shared when we busted out the old home videos one night. It is shocking how thick our accents used to be.
We actually celebrated Christmas with my side of the family on Christmas Eve morning at my brother and SIL's new house. It was a perfect set up for having a yummy breakfast and then entering the land of total chaos that comes with 20 people in one room trying to open presents and take pictures. My SIL, Adrielle, made a yummy and beautiful cake so that after the presents were opened we could have a birthday party for Jesus. It was a really special, but fast, few days of the beginning of our Christmas celebrations. I love every ,last member of my crazy family and I wouldn't trade the chaos of family get togethers for anything.



4 comments:
How thick your accents used to be?? Really? They're pretty thick now!
Glad you had such a good home Christmas.
I loved our Christmastime together too Em. I got a little tear when you said how our Christmas tree makes you feel like you are home. That is so special to me that you would think such a thing. What a blessing God has given us in having you kids and your kids all around us for a couple days.
Chaos is right! I loved being with everybody too - even if I felt like I was about to assume the fetal position and start rocking a couple of times. :)
Just read these comments again and Sara, you are HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment