Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Picnic at the Lake

This last Sunday we decided to meet up with our great friends, Jeremy and Hanna, and have a picnic at the lake. It was such a wonderful way to spend a few hours enjoying this great weather and to let our kids enjoy some nature. Hannah and I spent a lot of time hanging out on the blanket, Jeremy and Allan played catch and helped the kids make a mud fort. Claire, Jacob, and Ava had a blast throwing rocks, digging in the mud, and playing with the other visitor's dogs. Claire thought she would brave a swim in the cold water but once her feet got wet she wisened up and didn't go any further. I LOVED the day at the lake and hope to get out there a lot more before it is blazing hot.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love going to the lake too ... there's something so relaxing about being on the water.

Leanna said...

Glad to know Claire wised up before she froze her tookus off!

Mama Jeannie said...

Aaahhhh, what a fun and relaxing day for all of you. I love this spring weather too.