Monday, June 13, 2011

Gender Reveal Party





May 7th we hosted our first ever Gender Reveal Party to celebrate finding out who K3 would be. We had our closest friends and most of our family here and it was SO amazingly fun!! Allan and I went in for the ultrasound on Thursday and had the tech write the results on a card and place it in a sealed envelope. I delivered the envelope to my friend Randi who got the honor of finding out who was joining our family. She went to the party store bought a lot of balloons in the right gender color sealed them in a wrapped box and brought it to the party.

As the guests arrived they chose a pin with pink or blue beads to vote for a boy or girl. We had banners hanging that said "Who Will It Be?", "Aubrey Joy", "Nathan Joseph". I also had a table filled with my favorite cravings for everyone to munch on. We didn't wait too long for the big reveal.

The kids unwrapped the huge box and then out popped a bunch of PINK balloons. There was a lot of screaming and jumping and Claire gave hugs to everyone within arms reach. I can honestly say I would have been just as excited had it been a boy, but seeing Claire's pure joy brought tears to my eyes. I loved watching the people that I love so happy with us. I would say this was the most fun party we have had, it was full of pure joy. Another reason I was happy to see pink was because of her name. We chose Aubrey because it was my Pap's middle name, she is named after one of the most amazing people I have ever known. Joy is my middle name so that will be fun to have a kiddo named after me.

I cannot wait to meet Aubrey Joy! I have been busy planning her nursery and occasionally buying can't pass up super cute clothing which is one of the fun perks of having another girl.

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That was the best party. Getting to experience the surprise with you was so fun!