Monday, February 11, 2008

Already?


Well the day has come. I am heading over to sign my tiny baby (that is not so tiny and hardly a baby) up for Mother's Day Out. I get a little misty eyed just thinking about dropping her off for her first day of "school", granted it is not going to start for about seven more months. It seems like just yesterday I was cuddling her listening to those sweet baby noises in total awe of the miracle God had blessed Allan and I with. I guess not too much has really changed I am still in awe of her, but we don't cuddle quite as much since she is such a busy bee and her sweet baby noises have turned into loud funny squeals and words which are amazing to me and her daddy.
I guess that I will have these "already?" moments many many more times throughout her life. I am pretty sure that the days just after she was born will always seem like "just yesterday". She will always be my very special baby, even when she is 44.

4 comments:

In His Grip said...

You will have many more "already?" moments but I love each stage of life. It's so much fun. Enjoy the MDO time, it helps you be a better wife and mom too.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, that picture is darling! You will be okay after the first few times of dropping her off...and then you'll really be okay when you enjoy the alone time you'll have! :-)

Jenny said...

Yes, I agree with the above... it's a sad departing the first time... but once you get the taste of freedom (knowing that she's having a great time in "school") you'll never second guess yourself about this decision!

Mama Jeannie said...

AMEN to all the above comments Em! You and Claire will both be so happy once she gets the hang of going and playing with other children on a regular basis. Your play group is awesome, but I think every mama needs a break to relax... really and truly relax and quiet her mind and body; do projects you just cannot get done while chasing around a two year old; have an uninterupted lunch with a friend or a husband, etc. I have a feeling you will be so glad you and Allan have made this decision for our little Claire Bear.