When I first heard of the whole blogging thing a few years ago I thought there is no way that I would get into it, and I didn't for a long time. I didn't really see the point in setting up a place for people to check in on me and besides I didn't have anything too interesting to share. Obviously I gave into the notion of blogging and I am a bit addicted. I love having a place to get my thoughts out there, to share funny stories about my girl, to let people get to know me on a deeper level, to just be me. I am also somewhat addicted to my family and friend's blogs and some blogs of people that I will never meet (although I feel like I know them). I think that for awhile I kind of read the strangers blog as if it were some form of entertainment, almost like reality TV. Then I started coming across blogs of people that were going through a tragic event, or somthing so life changing that I could never imagine being in their shoes. The more I read about these families, these real people, the more I think that this whole blogging world brings us together for reasons bigger than peeking into the lives of others. There are people out there that need support and prayer in massive quantities and I think that instead of just "thinking" of them or lurking in the shadows of their blogs I need to step up and pray for them on a daily basis. I have decided to challenge you to do the same.
A few good options for you (although I know there are many many more):
- Confessions of a CF Husband
- Grewer Babies
- Levasheff Family
- Life Through My Eyes
5 comments:
That's what I think too. Today, I read the cf husband's blog from the time that their baby was born until now. I am totally invested!
You have such a great heart! Praying for those you have never met... it's inspiring.
You were the one that informed me of the Levasheff family. I read her blog everytime she posts something new. I think this is a great way to unite and pray for eachother. Its way much more than just blogging. My fav site is a friend of mine (I know you might know her) But her site is more than just blogging, she has been inspired to do more.http://www.thesecretlifeofkat.com/
She started a 40 Days Fast, and I had the priviege to pray and fast on day 39 and blog about it. She also started a site called Inspired to Action http://www.inspiredtoaction.com/ Its a site where a multitude of writers share ways to "take action" and change the world. I have been changed forever by this blogging community!
I totally agree ... I spent time last night praying for the CF family and thinking that we really are called to lift up others in prayer, and what a privelege that is ... to be able to pray for someone that we don't know, and who doesn't know us. The body of Christ at work. If we prayed for the author of every blog we read, the blogging world could be life-changing.
What a great call to have on the 'ordinary' things you do on a daily basis! I love that you are investing prayer in the lives of others Em. Love your passion to follow after Jesus.
Post a Comment