As mentioned before Allan's parents were in town for a few days and we had a really good visit with them. Claire warmed right up to them. I think that I love them more watching my baby girl love them so unconditionally.
Some of the highlights of the trip (in no particular order):
- eating lots of great food
- having a babysitter and going on a double date to dinner and a movie (even though the movie wasn't so great)
- watching Claire light up when her Papa and Mimi walked into the room
- walking around in the beautiful spring like weather at Southlake
- Claire getting her first flowers from her Papa
- Organizing my pantry with Gig (it is fantastic!!! I love organization but I am terrible at it on my own. It was SO nice to have someone take the reins and get the job done)
- Watching the Super Bowl with Gig showing more enthusiasm than anyone else in the room (it was hilarious FYI)
- Having Claire's 18 month pictures taken at our house with Gig there to hop in a couple of them and help find the perfect props
There were so many more little moments that were sweet. We are so blessed to have Allan and Gig in our lives. I am so thrilled that Claire has such amazing grandparents that love her so deeply and that will take the time to come and spend some quality one on one time with her. I don't think they will be out for another six months and we will miss seeing them here. Thankfully we have a few more trips set up to go and spend time with them.
3 comments:
So glad you had fun together!
I tagged you ... see my blog for details.
Emily,
Discovered your blog through Randi. I am so glad you had fun with your in-laws. More good family is great in my mind. Way to go with the in-laws. Saw you at church tonight. I will try to catch up with you this weekend and give you my blog address.
Michelle
How cool that you have such a great relationship with them. Wanna come organize my pantry now that you know how? :-)
Post a Comment