Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Bear's Last Few Days

A while back Claire and her Powell cousins made door hangers for their bedroom doors. We decided that her little brother needed one too and she helped paint it. Unfortunately she also painted the little dog that we were supposed to glue on for decoration so it is not finished. She loves to paint and create things. I am trying to get better at finding projects for her to do.

Allan came in last Friday (the day we celebrated V-Day) with a dozen roses for me and a single rose for his smallest Valentine. She was SO excited about her flower. I loved the joy it brought her. She insisted that the rose had a butterfly inside it and as it opened up she was so sad when the butterfly was not there and decided that it must have flown away in the middle of the night.

This last Saturday we had to do a make up class for Claire's gym class. She was very happy that her daddy was able to come with her and see how much better she has gotten at listening and participating. She is so proud when she does the balance beam all by herself.
One of the perks of having her daddy in the class is that he was a little more rambuncious than I am during the week. He jumped into the foam pit and bounced really high on the trampoline. The bigger my tummy gets the less fun I am. That might be one reason she is becoming more and more of a daddy's girl these days.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

She's such a cutie. I love her imagination - where did she come up with the butterfly in the rose?

Charree said...

The picture of Claire with her flower is really precious. It looks like you had a great day!

~Charree

Allison said...

I think that was so sweet that Alan got a rose for her too!