I have had a few rough nights of sleep with bad dreams about the delivery of this little guy. Fear of things not going as planned, another hemmorage, having to have a c-section, a baby that is not healthy- these are all things that I have been praying about since before I was even pregnant. I have even asked a lot of people to pray with and for me. I hated having this little hiccup in faith the last few nights and when I would wake up I would try and convince myself that it was just a bad dream and I am sure that all would be fine. I did however start noticing little things about myself like kind of resigning my self to having a c-section (I realize that lots of people have them and are fine, but it is REALLY not what I want). I started lowering my expectations of what God would/could do in this situation.
Today after church a new friend of mine found me and said that she had been trying to get the courage to talk to me for three weeks. She is one of the people that has been praying for me and this pregnancy since the very beginning and for that I am thankful. She is not the type person that says she will pray for me just to say it, she follows through. Anyway, she had a dream about me three weeks ago and was nervous to tell me about it because she didn't want me to think she was crazy. Let me just say that I do believe God speaks to people in many different ways and one of the ways he uses is dreams. I have no doubt this was one of those times.
The Dream:
She and her daughter were running late to get to choir practice at church. When she arrived she saw me at the front of the sanctuary talking to a man in a choir robe. She came and sat on the front row so that she could hear what we were talking about. The man asked me how far along I was in my pregnancy. He asked how my delivery went with Claire. My friend thought to herself there is no way this man could have known that I had another child and for sure shouldn't know that her name was Claire. That is when she noticed that this man had wings under his robe- he was an angel. He then put his hands on my belly and said to me "This is not the same pregnancy that you had with Claire. There is nothing to be afraid of. Everything will go smoothly with the delivery."
My sweet friend that had this dream was so nervous to tell me about it, she had no idea that this is exactly what I needed to hear this morning. I have a renewed faith that what we have been praying for has been heard, she was such an encouragment to me. I will continue to hold onto those words for the next twelve to fourteen weeks- this is not the same pregnancy, everything will go smoothly, do not be afraid. I believe God spoke to her to speak to me. Thank you friend for your faithfulness to pray for me daily and for being open to be used to encourage me when I needed it!
9 comments:
That made me teary-eyed. It's so true ... God feeds the birds of the air and clothes the flowers of the field - how much more does He love you? I pray that this pregnancy and delivery will be a big faith builder for you and Allan. And that you'll sleep peacefully for the next few months.
Wow -- what an amazing dream! I too am a believer that God uses all sorts of methods to get through to us, and I'm just blessed that not only did He hear your prayer (as He always does), but that He responded in a way that encourages the faith of many. God is indeed faithful...
That is amazing! I am sorry that yo had been feeling extra fear and stress, and I pray that you can cling to your friend's words and to the knowledge that God has an amazing plan for you and Jacob that He is preparing you for right now. You can trust Him, and you can peacfully & confidently handle anything with Him. I am still praying for you...
God is good! I have had many instances where things like this have come true. Hold tight to your friend's words!
That is so cool! I can totally understand the fears. L & D cannot be controled by us (as much as we all like to make the perfect plan) and it's easy to see how your past experience can completely influence and place fear in your next delivery. Thankfully God is so much more powerful than our fear. So glad you had the right word at the right time. I'll be praying for you specifically in this area. Thanks for sharing your heart and cool word from God.
WOW!!!!!!! That is so AMAZING! GOD is good and He will take care of you and little Jacob. I have been and will continue to pray for your peace of mind and for everything to go smoothly with the rest of your pregnancy and your delivery.
Oh my goodness Em! I am so encouraged for you and little Jacob. I needed this word from the Lord as well. I've been praying, but the enemy of our souls sure tries to steal our joy and our peace, doesn't he? Well, the truth is that he is a liar and I praise God that in His compassion, He sent a personal message to quiet the anxiety of your soul and bring back a renewed trust and faith that God is way bigger than fear or past circumstances. He has plans to bless you and not to harm you; plans and a future filled with blessing and prosperity. It seems God is saying even as I'm typing this, to "Seek Him with all your heart and you will see His goodness in the land of the living."
Emily,
You will never know how timely you blog was for me today. Bless you sweet girl, God is faithful, but when we do not feel faith we rely on trust! Pam McElhaney
It is amazing how God works! How neat is that.
~Charree
Post a Comment