Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Great Appointment

How cute is our little guy? He not only has a sweet profile he has a pretty good amount of meat on his bones (for someone that is only 23 weeks old), they estimate his weight to be one pound nine ounces (that is the 80%). He was much more active in his movie today than ever before. The sonographer was having a hard time catching him so that we could hear his heartbeat.
Well this was one of the best appointment I have had since finding out that Jacob was on his way. We have been praying about the placement of my placenta, we needed it to move up. It has been very low, just like it was with Claire and as I have said before there were some major complications after her delivery. Today as the sonographer was looking around inside my tummy she said "there has been significant movement of your placenta". I asked "in which direction?" and could not have been happier to hear her reply "Up, way up, it is at the top of your uterus. Just so you know, placentas never move down." I mean how fantastic is that?!?!?

Does anyone remember my friend's dream?

There were a couple of other good things noticed that we have to go confirm with the perinatologist in a few weeks. For now all is well and I am so thankful to all of you who have been praying for this pregnancy. We are excited about how things are progressing!

9 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What great news! That's amazing about your placenta. I think he looks like Claire - something about the mouth.

Sarah said...

PRAISE GOD!

Jenny said...

He's so cute! Look at that button nose! Glad you had a good appointment. What exciting news about the placenta! And, my word... he's going to be a healthy size boy!

In His Grip said...

I am so excited for you guys. What an answer to prayer. We will ocntinue all goes well.

Amy said...

I love him!!!

Amanda said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I'm SO excited for the good report! I love what God is doing in this pregnancy. So exciting!

Mama Jeannie said...

I love what God is doing too. We have an awesome and loving and oh so kind God, don't we? That little Jacob is absolutely adorable and I can hardly wait to get him in my arms.

Kate said...

Great news! I'm so relieved for you!

krista said...

Love him already. Thanks for posting the ultrasound pic...love it!