Monday, February 2, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

Well it was a busy and fun weekend and I have no pictures to prove it.

Friday night we hosted a game night at our house and it was so fun. Allan and I love having fun adult time. We had yummy snacks and played Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples and just laughed a lot.

Saturday was the most chaotic day of the weekend. We went to Julia's 4th birthday party at a neighbor's house. They always have great parties and this carnival style one did not disappoint. We were just sad we couldn't stay the whole time.
Claire and I headed over to watch my nephew play basketball and Allan went to a gun shooting party with his coworkers. We had lunch with the family afterwards and headed to my nieces basketball game. I have to say it has been fun to watch my niece and nephew improve over the last few years in sports, they are less all over the place and more focused and skillful.
Allan met us for my nephew's birthday party at the local roller rink. It was SO great to see Claire on skates for the first time. She had a blast. I laughed really hard a few times watching her try to stand up and seeing her feet keep sliding out from under her. Allan was a trooper and held her up for an hour and half. My nephew had a great time and was well celebrated.
The most fun part of our exhausting Saturday was that night when we went to our friend Jason's thirtieth birthday party. Allan played Whirlyball with most of the guests, since I am preggars that wasn't an option for me, I enjoyed chatting it up with the other ladies. I did however get to play two games of laser tag and that was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to play again one day.

Sunday was just what the doctor ordered. We just rested most of the day, even spent part of the early afternoon laying in the backyard because it was so dang beautiful out. Some of my favorite family moments are spent doing almost nothing outdoors with my little family. It just makes me happy! We finished the night off watching the Superbowl at my sister's house. It was low key and a great day to finish off a chaotic weekend.

I am floored that some people have weekends like this every weekend. Everything I did was fun and I wouldn't have passed up one single event, but I was flat tired by last night to say the least.

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a fun but crazy weekend!

Mama Jeannie said...

AMEN Sister! I loved it too, but dad and I were very thankful to get home, to sit in our borrowed chaise lawn chairs :0) to watch the pigeons fly, and then stretch out in our pj's with milk and cookies during the Superbowl. We were just about partied out. :0) What a great weekend!! Really!

Leanna said...

Sorry we missed game night, we'll have to catch the next one! And what is whirlyball?

Sara said...

=)...can you guess what I'm talking about? Haha!