Friday, March 20, 2009

Paper Chain

Claire was excited about the paper chain on her brother's bed
Every link has a number written on it so we will know exactly how many days we have left

One of my friends suggested that we make a paper chain to countdown to Jacob's arrival.  I thought that was a pretty fun idea.  Yesterday it was finally finished and the tradition began.  Claire gets to tear off one link every night before bed.  I wanted it to be in his room, but didn't have anywhere to hang it other than his bed since it was so long.  It is kind of neat that we will replace the chain with our little guy in 90 days or less (hopefully).  I love finding ways to make this waiting game exciting for Claire, she is already such a great big sister and the little guy isn't even here yet.    

10 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so neat - I love it! If you get an exact induction date, will you update it so it counts to the exact day? I may have to steal that idea for Luke and Lila as it gets a bit closer to my due date.

Mama Jeannie said...

This is one of the funnest ideas I've ever heard for anticipating the birth of a new baby. Good job little mama. I bet Claire is having fun with it... and you too.

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute idea---it's like the Advent calendar when you're a kid.

If you wanted to do something crafty we could actually have a craft night or something since we live pretty close together. At Christmas I taught a group of my friends how to make wreaths but we could make anything. It could be fun. Just shoot me an email at crc_chelsearose@yahoo.com if you're interested.

Jenny said...

Such a smart idea!
I may have to steal it too!

Amanda said...

I love this idea. I saw it once on a blog kept by someone who'd had a previous loss. Instead of writing the number of days on each strip, she wrote one concern, one positive thought, or one statistic on each strip. That helped her to countdown while overcoming those overwhelming fears.

Elyse said...

That is really cool :)
~Elyse~

amy said...

I love this! We did this when Tommie had moved to Texas (we were waiting for the house to sell) & we didn't get to see him for 7 weeks. It was a great way to help a small child count the days (and not drive you nuts asking WHEN in the process!). :)

Kathy said...

This is such a neat idea....love it!

Amy said...

It turned out so cute! (and Claire looks so cute waiting for her baby brother!)

Allison said...

I'm so glad you decided to do that! I know that Jackson always does better with concrete things whenever it involves time or distance.

The wait must seem like an eternity to them!